Friday, June 11, 2010

How to Compare Top Marine Color Chart Plotter with GPS products

There are many chartplotter with GPS functionality today. We also in our cars and on some new phones, (but this is the topic of another article to come). Garmin, Raymarine, Furuno, Simrad, SITEX, Hummingbird ... the list goes on and on. plotter What is the best buy for the dollar? The answer is not as simple as you think. As you may know, I am a sailor and I live aboard my boat. 'I used, I spent some time browsing and variousPlotter. Each of my boat came with either a plotter or I added one.

If I bareboat in the Caribbean, every ship had boated several charter bare systems. I used a range of products. I spoke only the beginning of this article. So, Captain Steve, who was the best? As I said, it is not so easy to answer. Every chart I used, bought or rented different qualities that I liked, and many of them had problems that Ias. Of course, any boat manufacturer preferences. Hunter Marine, and several other manufacturers use Boot Raymarine products. But other manufacturers use other products. This means that the producer Raymarine knows something I do not use? I have often wondered about it. Save as owner of Marine Electronics, is something I absolutely do not know that "the dollar volume =" saved.

If a producer like Hunter Marine has acquired 1000 Raymarine E-80 plotterPLUS the rest of the accessories Raymarine network, such as depth, wind, autopilot and all related documents, save a lot of what you want and saving money. Raymarine seems to be the best band when it comes to purchasing. But buying the volume is not the only factor to determine "the best on you." If so, everyone would be, only with Raymarine products. What other factors are critical for determining the best plotter? Let's discuss here because theyare really the meat of what a plotter "our" favorite. First we talk about screen clarity and daylight readability. Large manufacturers have been competing in this sector after the introduction of screen color plotters and I do not think there real clear winner in this category.

Garmin just introduced a touch screen and I'm sure others will follow hopefully better versions. I bought a Raymarine C70 chartplotter few yearsfirst because I thought it was the best product for the dollar at the moment. I replaced the screen within one year. The salt water ruined the screen and fingerprints. I understand that improved today. What chart legibility and accuracy? These are important factors. I used a Simrad to bareboat charter. Change chip and clarity were good and easy. Raymarine and Furuno or Navionics cards both use the CMap NT or gold or whatever. Easy to use, for mostPart, but inconvenient if you're on the road and through a dead spot in the table and must change quickly --- charts provided, you must change the chip for the next available immediately.

Garmin has made the rankings on a plot of chartplotters today. They have preloaded "World Map". Nice, because it is not always sufficient to change the chip. However, if you want full performance of their new 4200 and 520 0-series, is a Vision card with a specific area. However, for me the single mostimportant factor for my purchase of a plotter in color, write again. If I switch from one screen to another, it takes five minutes for the chart again in full? I, as I said in my last article, a plotter Garmin 162 on my current boat of the day, I said I bought. It 'been a chartplotter extremely accurate grayscale with built-in graphics. The big problem for me was ... It took forever to chart when I used the zoom function to rewrite. I might have missed some timehe wrote the chart again.

So, was carried out according to my research, I purchased a new Garmin 4208 color plotter. If they meet the above criteria? It does for me and this is the most important thing after all. ME! Thurs I like? When I do, then it is the best there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment